Thursday, August 11, 2011

Countdown

Dear Family,

As I sit on the floor, in the basement of the American Library in Paris, I am as always thinking of you, but at this moment most importantly the fact 1. Anna's a aunt. SCARY AWESOME! and 2. that the one and only (to the best of my knowledge) Josh Russakis will be arriving in Gay Ol' Paree Monday! YAY for Family! Speaking of Family. Mother visited this past weekend and we went to Champagne for the weekend. But before going we had dinner at this restaurant called Spring, which was amazing, even if Visa had put a momentary hold on our card because I'd bought my Mom a train ticket earlier in the day and they thought it was a fraudulent charge, better safe than sorry, I guess. Then our little jaunt to the country was delightful, minus the rain. I learned all sorts of things. 1. Rosé Champagne is really quite good. Especially Pommery. (Miss Pommery 1926, anyone? Ten Points to whoever gets the reference without using the interwebs. Irene, I'm counting on you.) 2. I tend to prefer standard champagnes (meaning when they blend different years to get a consistent taste year to year) to vintages. 3. Champagne Soufflé is DELICIOUS. and 4. words of wisdom: apparently Saki won't give you a hangover no matter how much you have. Though, I'm not sure it's wise to test the theory. All in all a very productive weekend. I've also been to Amsterdam and Orléans plus all the grrrrrreat trips we take every day within Paris. But, I'm not going to bore you with all the details, because I think I've told some of you about those trips already. But tonight I'm going to Nice! We're taking the overnight train! So much excitement! Relaxation, beach, and finally some Sunshine ahead!

But until then, I need to go return to my research for my final project.

I'm thinking of changing my major from Ponies to something more adult, Horse-ies, maybe.

Love You All,

Jenna

p.s. I'm home the 20th. Will drive for food and company. Also when are peeps heading back to school/foreign lands?

2 comments:

  1. Wait... did I leave a comment before? I tried but failed I guess. WHY AM I SO TECHNOLOGICALLY CHALLENGED?!

    Can't wait to hear of your France adventures! I'll be back in the 'herst sept. 3. Potential suite name: Chateau petron? Bring your ideas to the table.

    And ponies are so legit. As are unicorns.

    ReplyDelete