Saturday, August 20, 2011

انا suis في France

Hey Family!!

I'll be quick because one, no one likes a long blog post and two because my computer is running out of battery. So I'm done with the CLS program... THANK GOD! I could write a tirade on the problems and the drama of the program but I can't do so here I might end up dead, you know CIA shit... Expect a graphic facebook message in the future.

Anyway, I am done with CLS and enjoying a much needed vacation in France. It kicked off perfectly with a small family reunion with Deidre and Jenna in one of the best cities in the world, Paris. We had dinner it was awesome! Sorry there aren't any pictures. My only disappointment was that Deidre was only in the city with us for one night... pas cool as they say. I spent the next couple of days trying to dredge up the 6 years of French that I took in middle and high school while shopping and getting around the city on my own during the day. In the evening I would meet up with Jenna, which meant two awesome things, one I could let here do all the talking (she's really good at French guys) two, nummy delicious food! Being that my system is still messed up from fasting in Jordan I would be content with eating one meal during the day and then be starving by the time the evening arrived. It was great to hang out with Jenna and I appreciate the fact that she took the time to hang out with me in the midst of writing her final paper. I hope all went well Jenna!

On Thursday I caught the TGV (really fucking fast train, literal translation) down to a town called Montélimar where I met up with my ex-professor Manuela Picq. We drove down to her sweet ass country house in this little town called Orgnac-L'aven and all has been well since. It's been great although it's a little like I stepped into another intensive language program. I've been meeting her friends and family and doing my best to speak French ever since. Perhaps by the end of two weeks I might be able to hold a simple conversation. The house is a slice of paradise, there are fig trees that are ripe with fruit and wine o'plenty. I'm doing my best to train my liver to deal with the impending drinking gauntlet that is Brussels. My battery is almost dead and I am without a plug to charge it at this café that is 15 minutes from the house. Miss and love you all so much. I want to hear every story about the Fall on this thing I'm serious!

Until a later time,
-Josh 

2 comments:

  1. "[Jenna] is really good at French guys!" has a different meaning than "[Jenna] is really good at French, guys!"

    I don't know which one you meant, but I will assume that both are true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I +1 Dylan's comment. Also I'm reading a book called Eats, Shoots and Leaves about grammar and I feel that it relates to my real life now.

    ReplyDelete